Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sing a Christian song in the shower

Well this task was a little bit of a weird one I thought. Not that I am against singing, or showers but I am not one who tends to couple the two activities. In addition to this as I am currently living home with my parents I tend to take advantage of the spa bath my parents have and go for that option rather than shower. But nevertheless I decided I would do the task all be it with some small differences, I would sing a Christian song but it would be in the bath instead of the shower.

The song I sang was one that I remember particularly well, mostly because it was the first Christian song I learned to play on my guitar. It is the song these are the days of Elijah, now I wouldn't say that his is my favourite song, not by a long way, but as it is the go to chord pattern I tend to strum out when I pick up a guitar and I had been practising before my bath it was already in my head. The lyrics are as follows;

These are the days of Elijah 
Declaring the Word of the Lord 
And these are the days of his servant, Moses 
Righteousness being restored 
And these are the days of great trial 
Of famine and darkness and sword 
So we are the voice in the desert crying 
Prepare ye the way of the Lord 

Behold he comes 
Riding on a cloud 
Shining like the sun 
At the trumpet's call 
Lift your voice 
It's the year of jubilee 
Out of Zion's hill salvation comes 

And these are the days of Ezekiel 
The dry bones becoming as flesh 
And these are the days of his servant, David 
Building the temple of praise 
And these are the days of the harvest 
The fields are all white in your world 
And we are the laborers that are in your vineyard 
Declaring the word of the Lord 

Behold he comes 
Riding on a cloud 
Shining like the sun 
At the trumpet's call 
Lift your voice 
It's the year of jubilee 
Out of Zion's hill salvation comes

Now I can certainly say that if anyone heard me singing that this week they would not have enjoyed it. I have spent the last couple of days fighting off a bad cold and I have a red raw throat and a terrible cough which has caused me to sound like my vocal chords have had serious abuse from a piece of sand paper. Nevertheless I actually had a lot of fun doing it, allowing myself to just go for it and enjoy the novelty of it.

So the task for the coming week was selected from the hat at random as usual and the task I will be completing this week is to write out my own mission statement. Check back next week to read it, until then have a great week and check back each day to read my thoughts and ramblings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment