Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Grace under pressure

Dealing with stressful situations is hard. To do it in a Christ like manner is even harder. And lucky me, today I get to experience a very stressful situation. I wont bore you with the details but I will be spending the day in a cramped environment with 3 people who have been driving me up the wall for the last 2 months. Now I know that at some point I will lose my cool at either a situation or more likely a comment made during a situation. How do I deal with it? How can I remain cool and calm when everything about the situation is irritating me to the extreme? One friend of mine told me to use music which will enable me to retreat to my own mental oasis of serenity. And this may be a good way to remain calm, by surrounding myself with things which keep me sane and relaxed. However Paul has some fantastic words to say on this matter, in 2 Corinthians 12:9 he writes "And then he told me, My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness." Hopefully when I am at my weakest today and ready to snap I can trust enough in Jesus to let his grace wash over me and preserve my sanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment