Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Thursday, August 19, 2010

A-level Drama

So it has been results day today, and as in probably many households all over the country there has been tears, disappointment, elation and success all in one day. The results in our household were not what was wanted but after a difficult year not unexpected. It was pointed out by a number of family members that there has been many prayers said and requests made about these results. At 10.30 this morning it look as though they had all been ignored. As Christians though we need to have faith through the tough times as well as the good, rely on God's plan for us when all seems lost trusting he will always see us through, it's all right there in Psalm 23. As it turned out we managed to secure a place for my brother at a good university doing what he wanted, just not his first choice. I can see that God's will places us just where He needs us, just when He needs us and that the methods do not always seem clear or that great during the process. And although I can see this in other people's lives why can I not have the courage to do what I need to do. I hear His call and yet I can not yet take up my cross to follow Him. A verse which I was given recently has helped me on this subject. "I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work." God's Decree. "For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Isaiah 55:8-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment