Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The most personal book you will ever read

So, the Bible. It's just some old book written by a few dudes in the dim and distant past. I mean it must be so out of date now that it is just silly to keep using it, right? So lets look at a book that I just discovered recently instead. This book could possibly be the best guide to modern life I have ever read. Better than that, when I read it the stories in there could have been personally written for me. It has whole sections that couldn't have been written for anyone else. So what is this fantastical and most magnificent of books you have discovered Sam? Surely it can't be that old dusty book we have been using as a doorstop for years? But that's just it, it really is the Bible. It isn't just some old tome passed down by a few interfering and bearded old men. The Bible is a living testament, a work inspired by the Living Word. It is so personal that there really are passages of scripture that seem as though they are written just for me. The wonderful thing about God and the Bible is that it doesn't stop the fact that they were written just for you too! Whether you are a Christian or not I can guarantee that if you pick up the Bible and read it with an open mind your life will be changed in ways you could not imagine. Give it a chance, use it as it was supposed to be used, a personal guide to Life, the Universe and Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment