Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Prayer as a way of life

One ting in my life I have always struggled with is prayer. I try and try and all I feel is that I am talking to emptiness. I really struggle because its not as though I feel my words are falling on deaf ears. Moreover I feel as though there are no ears there to hear. The stupidest thing is I know God is answering my "prayers", every time I need help He provides it. Every time I need Him he is there. A lot of my friends are non Christian and claim that what I see as an answered prayer is just a coincidence. However as a scientist I know that this number of coincidences could not happen by coincidence. There has to be a guiding and behind what is going on. Although I can see this and know that God is working in and through my life the communication is one sided. I find the Bible to be the most inspiring book and when I am using it on a daily basis I see God talking to me in a very personal way. I just need to learn how to respond. Someone once told me that a Christian should have two things central to their life, prayer and Bible study. I know I need to work on integrating both of these in to my life much more that they currently are. I'll challenge anyone reading this the same way I was; How is your prayer life? How is your Bible study?

2 comments:

  1. we seem to be oposites with this, prayer most of the time is like breathing for me, sometimes we don't notice that I'm doing it. Bible study thought I get easily board with, this is something i have had to learn, and change to keep my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayer life changed when I just started talking to God no differently than a friend. It was the daily "I don't know how to do this thing, God, and I really need your wisdom," that began to show me how He answers. He doesn't want long, lengthy prayers; He wants conversation where His truth is sought ... along with a determination to listen for the answer whenever it shows up. He always answers, but we only hear Him if we have cut out all the distractions that prevent us from hearing.

    ReplyDelete