Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Friday, August 20, 2010

A luxury you can't afford

Realistically how often do you read the Bible. If you are not a Christian I guess the answer is never. But for us Christians, except in Church or Bible study, how often do we read and think about the Bible and what it says? It is something I do try to do regularly, but recently since I moved back home after Uni I have let slip. I am not a theologian, nor would I ever profess to be, and I know my Bible knowledge is far below what it should be. I also know that prayer and Bible study should be core to my life. Not long ago I discovered this verse, "Think straight. Awaken to the holiness of life. No more playing fast and loose with resurrection facts. Ignorance of God is a luxury you can't afford in times like these. Aren't you embarrassed that you've let this kind of thing go on as long as you have?" 1 Corinthians 15:34. And to be honest I am embarrassed. It embarrasses me that I don't know anywhere near as much as I should about my religion. How can I expect to live the right life and walk the right path if I have no idea what they are. How can I expect to bring others to Jesus if I am ignorant about him. Not knowing God is a luxury we can't afford in these times more than in the past because the time of His return can only be getting closer. If nothing else comes from me writing this blog I hope that it helps me read and study my Bible more regularly and more closely than before. I don't want to find myself standing in front of our Father and not know who he is, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment