Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1 Peter 5:8-11 Part II

This morning I posted on 1 Peter 5:8-11 which was my daily Bible verse on my phone on January 1st. Bible verses like this I feel are sometimes ignored somewhat. We often don't want to listen or read about the enemy and that he is battling us daily.

But Peter knows what he is talking about, he knew what it was to fight with and battle against the enemy. He knew that Christians everywhere were and would be under the same sort of attack and that we would all suffer the same. But not just that, most importantly he knew about the forgiving grace of our Lord and Saviour.

He goes on to tell us that whatever we suffer, whatever we have to go through God has plans for us, plans that will see us through to glory, plans that will fix us for all time. Christ will be the victor in the battle that we are fighting, He will be the one standing there radiant in victory.

So as Saint Peter said, keep a firm grip on the faith, know that Christ will help you in any suffering you may have to bear. There is no one and nothing that offers so much for so little. Jesus offers you eternal life if you only accept Him as your sovereign Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment