Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Time with friends

Today I spent some time with some of my good friends and had a good long conversation with one of them. This conversation was not an easy one as my friend as always brought up some challenging points and wouldn't let me get off with vague or part answers. Now it is not that she was purposely making it difficult for me or she was asking tough questions just for the sake of it, but she is the only one who asks me these sorts of questions and challenges and pulls me up on things I need to consider or think about.

It was a good conversation about our faiths, our journeys with God and how they are going and how various things are affecting us and our journeys. After eating and consuming a large amount of beverages in two separate cafes we wrapped things up for the day, but there was so much that came up in the conversation that I really need to think about and act on.

These points are ones that I have possibly made before and am likely to mention many more times as I battle through them and try and move on with my life. These are the last of the unresolved hang overs from my last relationship and how it is likely to affect the relationships I am in and possible relationships in the future. Also the point of have I really made the changes I think I have made for the benefit in my life such as being more honest and open with both the people around me and myself. One of the big points raised was how I am dealing with the fact that in essence the life I was aiming for and thought I would have is now no longer a possibility and have I dealt with the anger that could possibly be being repressed over this (my friend says I said I was angry but I have no recollection of uttering the words).

Altogether it was an interesting and valuable conversation that as I think about it over the coming days I will hopefully be able to come up with some answers. But until then I think I am going to leave it open and come back to the points individually once I have digested them in my own time, until then though hope you have a good day and please check out the rest of my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment