Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Donate your unused clothes to charity

This week in the Soldier's Challenge the task was to donate my unused clothes to charity. I have wanted to get rid of a lot of clothes that I have little or no use for any more for quite some time. With everything that has happened in the past I have moved a number of times and not been in the right frame of mind to sort through the boxed memories of the past. So to be honest this task has been needed for quite some time, and it has taken this push to get on and actually do it.

So at the beginning of the week I began sorting through the boxes and bags of clothes and everything else from when I first moved out on my own nearly 2 years ago. I decided that as I was sorting out the clothes I may as well sort through everything else and donate everything I no longer want or use. I managed to go through and sort out many boxes and bags and now have four large bags of clothes and 3 boxes of household things to be donated.

There is one small failure to this task however, although I have gone through and sorted out all the things I am going to donate I have yet to actually take the things to the charity shop. The main reason for this is that I have been away this week and have not had a chance to get to the shop since I have got back. I will be however going along this week as my spell of cleaning and sorting has encouraged my parents to do the same and I will be taking along a number of things that they will be sending along to the shop too. So although there is a small amount of failure, in this failure has come the benefit of the shop getting the things from my parents too.

So this week, as well as taking these bags and boxes to the charity shop I have another task to complete. The task this week is to read the Salvationist, the weekly publication produced by The Salvation Army for the members of its Church. This should be a nice easy one to do this week and as usual I will be letting you know how it goes next week so please check back then, until then, have a great God filled week.

1 comment:

  1. You have inspired me...I cleaned out my closet this evening! :)

    ReplyDelete