Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Put a memory verse on your fridge

The challenge that I have been doing this week was to find a memory verse and to write it out and put it on my fridge in order that my family and I would see it everyday. As a family that is actively Christian there is no one in the house who would object to me doing this task, and in doing so I have the opportunity to select a verse that says something fitting to the situation I am in at the moment.

As I am still trying to get my dad to accept the plans that I believe are in store for me and so I decided to select a well known verse from Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
      For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I have not had any comments so far on it, but I am sure everyone has had a chance to see it and hope that they will take the time to read it and consider its meaning and significance.

The challenge I am going to be attempting this week is to pray every time I hear a siren. As I work right in the centre of a busy city I know that I will hear a large number of sirens this week and so I will be praying often with this challenge. Check back next week to see how it goes but until then, have a great week and God bless.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my all time favourite verses. It's helped me so much over the years.
    Good choice :).

    Keep up the fantastic posts :)

    ReplyDelete