Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Friday, January 07, 2011

Who do you think you are?

When I was a child at school there was one teacher who used to use the same phrase repeatedly when telling my friends and I off for misbehaving. He would ask us one of the many variations on "who do you think you are!". I used to find it extremely funny to reply, "why I'm me of course, who did you think I was?" and was often greeted by being thrown out of the classroom, sent to the head master or placed in detention for being cheeky.

But when you think about the question on its own, in a more soul searching context, it is a question we should all answer. Who do we really think we are, at the core of our being who are we?

As Christians we should surely hope that the answer is that we are a child of God. We are someone who has accepted Jesus into our lives and that in doing so we have been born into a new life. And while it is true that for most of us we truly seek this and earnestly work towards it can we actually say that we are who we think we are.

Who do you think you are?

Are you who you want you to be?

Are you who God wants you to be?

If not, what can you do to change that?

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever heard of the book/Bible study called, "Changed into His Image" by Jim Berg? It's really good...I went through it once in high school with my Sunday school class and I am considering going through it on my own again.

    http://www.changedintohisimage.com/buy.htm

    ReplyDelete