Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Dreams

I don't know about other people, but I do not dream very often. Or at least I should say, I don't remember dreaming very often at any rate. However last night I had the most vivid and strange dream that I can ever remember having.

In the Bible there are stories about dreams and dream interpretation, the most famous one we all will know is Joseph and Pharaoh. But for me while the dream was strange and the meaning did not seem at all clear, at the end of it, knowing it was a dream, I tried to figure it out and was given the meaning almost straight away.

I'll tell you the dream before I talk about the meaning. The dream began with me surrounded by all the things I love doing some of the things I find most enjoyable and was in the company of many of the people I love and many strangers but who were the easy going fun loving kind of people I love to be around. After some time it was time to leave and go home and so I headed back to my car.On leaving the place I had been I ended up in the biggest multi level car park I have ever seen, it was cavernous like some kind of sci-fi space hanger, it just seemed to keep going.

At this point although not like anything in my life nothing strange had really happened yet, but the next part is where it began to become a little different shall we say. So I began walking to where I knew I had parked my car, but it wasn't there, I looked around the area where I had parked my car and though I saw cars the same, none of them were my car. Feeling slightly annoyed at myself for not remembering where I had parked my car I began to wander the car park in the walk of shame of someone who didn't think to remember properly where they put their car.

I searched all over this level of the car park where I knew I had put my car, but it was nowhere to be seen. And now I was fully doubting myself I set off to check other levels of the car park. This is where the dream really began to be a little weird. I went down a level and ended up in an outdoor car park in the middle of nowhere surrounded by sand. Again wandering round I searched for my car but to no avail. Now feeling absolutely lost and confused I was just wandering round the car park feeling sorry for myself when someone I know through mutual acquaintances showed up. At first he was trying to wind me up but in the end after seeing how distressed I had become tried to help me.

It was at this point my Mum woke me up asking if I wanted to go shopping, I decided I was too tired and rolled over back to sleep. Now knowing that everything that had been dreamt before was a dream I tried to figure it all out, why did it happen, why did the main theme of the dream seem to be being lost and confused. No sooner had I begun to think about this when a leather bound Bible floated in to my sight. Now I have not yet had time to check if the words that appeared to me are in the Bible, and if they are if someone could point me to them I would much appreciate it. The words I saw said, "You were lost because you are not yet doing what you should be doing. The life you are living is not the life I have set for you."

Now I think I know what this means, and I am sure I know what God has planned for me in the short term at least, maybe this is God giving me a bit of a shake to say get on with things and stop dragging your feet. But I need to think about it a little more. If there is more to the message than I have so far worked out I will be sure to let you al know.

No comments:

Post a Comment