Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Sharing faith

How are you at sharing your faith? Do you find it easy or hard? In the past I really struggled to share my faith with people. I became so good at hiding it that even I lost sight of it and eventually I lost it all together. However since finding it again I have begun to be a lot more open about it. I think there are two reasons for this, the first is that I am now sure in my faith, I know what I believe and I know it to be true. The second reason is that because I have spent time learning about my faith I am confident in it, if anyone challenges me I know I can respond with an intelligent and constructive answer.

Sharing faith is an amazing thing, not only do you give someone the opportunity to come to know God but you experience such a buzz from doing it. In sharing your faith you are giving a gift that can not be measured, sometimes it costs you very little and other times it can cost you a huge amount. But neither cost should put you off from professing and sharing faith in our saviour Jesus Christ.

Today I was presented with a fantastic opportunity to share my faith with an individual who is usually very challenging and often tries to wind people up. However today he approached me and confronted me about my plans for the future, my calling and why I believe it to be true. Unusually for this individual he sat and listened to everything I had to say, and the few questions he had were inquiring and constructive to progressing the conversation in a positive direction.

These days I really enjoy talking about my faith and exploring truths with fellow believers and having constructive conversations and friendly debates with doubters, unbelievers and those of other faiths. I know that in the past I have avoided these conversations and shirked my responsibility as a Christian. I know that in the past I turned my back on the Saviour who died for me. From these past and present experiences I would encourage anyone who has a faith in God to go out and tell the world. Do it in a way that suits the person and the situation, or better yet allow them to come to you after they have seen you living your Christian life. God can work with even the smallest seeds that we sow out there in the world, and the benefits and blessings you will receive will be huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment