Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Have you given your heart to Jesus?

This is a question I was asked a number of months ago. I had been having a discussion with a number of my Christian friends about the second coming and what we thought it would mean for us. I think a number of friends were surprised to hear me say that I thought I would be in real trouble if Jesus had returned then. One particular friend spent some time with me shortly after to talk to me about that conversation and the implications of what I had said. It was at this point she asked me if I had given my heart to Jesus. Honestly in that point in time my answer was no, I wanted it to be yes but I was struggling really badly with a number of things and just could not open the door to my life. I am still battling with a number of problems but I feel I am much closer to being where I should be. I know I want to live my life for Jesus, I know I want to follow His path for my life. I am much closer to giving my heart to Jesus now than I have ever been in my life. There are still a few small hurdles, which look bigger than they really are, that I need to overcome. I am almost at the point where I can say to my Lord take my life and let it be everything you want it to be. I know this is what I want and what He wants yet I still struggle to tell the world, specifically my family. The stupid thing is my whole family are Christians, yet I feel that there are certain people in my family I can not tell. I am praying for help, strength and wisdom to find the time and way to tell them God's future plans for me. I know once I do that I will have truely given all my heart to Jesus and not just a part of it.

Have you given your heart completely to Jesus? Is there anything stopping you giving Jesus your all? Ask yourself, if Jesus was to come back tomorrow how would you feel? How would you measure up to being the Christian you should be? Only you can answer these questions and you can not hide the answers from out Lord. If your relationship with Jesus is not what you want it to be why is it not? What can you do to change that? No man, no angle knows the hour of his return, we should be constantly ready, always vigilant. Don't be caught unaware, we have been told how to be ready, we have no excuse not to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment