Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
     He giveth more strength as our labours increase,
To added affliction He addeth His mercy,
     To multiplied trials he multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
     When our strength has failed ere the day is half-done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
     Our father's full giving is only begun.

His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
     His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
     He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
                                    (Annie Johnson Flint - 1932)

Last night we sang this in devotions at a practice in Church. It is a song I have heard and sung many times throughout my life. The message this song has is very significant for me right now as I am struggling with a few things in my life. Over the last few days I have felt that God is supporting me, that God is giving me the strength and courage to go and do what is necessary. We have to be receptive to God and His messages to us in order to have all He offers. We have to be wholly God's and completely in His hands. It is not easy to be in the world but not of it, but this is what Jesus wants us to be. With His help all things are possible and we can do anything He wants if we trust in Him and accept His help.

No comments:

Post a Comment