Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Such faith of Mario Gomez

I know many people will have been watching the same pictures as me over the last day. The rescue of the Chilean miners. It has been an amazing to watch the pictures of the rescue and seeing these men being reunited with the families they have been separated from for so long.

However it is not the rescue staff, the amazing team effort or even the miracle of their rescue that I want to talk about. The thing that caught my mind was the images of the oldest miner as he finally reached the surface. Mario Gomez showed such faith and such dedication to his faith as soon as he could get out of the Phoenix. Before celebrating, before anything else he fell to his knees and prayed. After the ordeal he has been through, despite the burning desire he must have had to embrace his family Mario Gomez's first thought on the surface was to thank his God. Would you have done the same?

The tales of faith and strength of belief from these miners that has emerged already are amazing testaments to God and belief in God. In all of this it is amazing that these miners continually thank God. I have not heard any of them dismiss the work of the rescuers or ignore the effort they have made in performing the rescue. Yet thier thanks, praise and rejoicing is being heaped on the one who truly deserves it, the God who was their constant companion through it all.

Thank God for their safe rescue, but equally thank God for the amazing men and women who have made this rescue possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment