Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pray for the nearest Salvation Army social program

So this week was an interesting challenge for me. Mostly because I work for the Salvation Army in the nearest social program. And so this week I felt incredibly close to the challenge set before me. In addition to this I decided that instead of just praying for the social program I would pray for it every day this week.

So I began the week praying that the situation at work would improve and that I would have a productive week. My colleagues are a great bunch of people and certain things at work have been bringing the feeling at work down and I really wanted to pray that this would change. In addition a couple of things at the end of last week went wrong causing problems to some of the clients I work with.

So knowing the problems of this social program well I prayed for it in general but also for some very specific things too. Initially though things did not get better, at the beginning of the week we had two really bad pieces of news which made the atmosphere darker and gloomier. Despite this I was determined to continue and had faith that things would eventually start to improve if I continued to pray.

As the week continued things did start to pick up and there were a couple of very good pieces of news that I was particularly happy about. Although the situations that worked out well did have their roots before I began this weeks challenge I have no doubt that the challenge has helped in a number of ways.

I wish I was able to say more about this challenge but due to the nature of my work I am unable to say too much about things that have happened. Rest assured however that this challenge has gone very well this week and again it has made me think about my life and the things I do every day. Like the prayer walk and the 3 hour prayer session I intend to try and work this challenge in to my daily life and continue it in some way.

The Challenge that I have pulled from the hat this week is to read the Corps mission statement or newsletter. Check back next week to see how well I do in this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment