Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Proverbs 5:3-6

Proverbs 5:3-6
        The lips of a seductive woman are oh so sweet,
            her soft words are oh so smooth.
        But it won't be long before she's gravel in your mouth,
            a pain in your gut, a wound in your heart.
        She's dancing down the primrose path to Death;
            she's headed straight for Hell and taking you with her.
        She hasn't a clue about Real Life,
            about who she is or where she's going.

I have talked before about how the Bible is an incredibly personal book and that at times when reading it there can be passages that seem to be written just for you. Sometimes it is a passage that is relevant to your life right now, other times it is as if god is highlighting features of your past in order to teach you something.

Recently there have been a number of instances where my past has been highlighted to me. These include the posts Why does the Enemies side seem so good? Self reflection - Where are you at and The Reason. The 5 years I ran away from the Church can be almost perfectly summed up by Proverbs 5:3-6.

In the beginning I was amazingly happy with her, everything was going great, I didn't need anyone or anything else, especially not God. He had done nothing for me in my life except waste every Sunday. I was much better off doing my own thing and being happy doing so. But as Proverbs 5:3-6 says, it was not long until it all went sour and became a source of huge pain. I was plunging headlong into disaster and Hell. Together we were heading for destruction and neither of us knew how, why or how to prevent it.

In the end I was rescued from this inevitable fate because of God. Although I had forgotten Him, He never forgot or gave up on me. Despite the fact that there was almost no way to place myself further from Him, He continually watched over me until the time was right. And at that time He moved in and began rebuilding my life. He placed me in an amazing Church with fantastic friends and provided for me daily. Even though the trials I faced after returning to the Church were greater they seemed smaller and not so dark as I had help through it all. In all things God has been there and provided for me both materially and spiritually when there was no way to survive on my own. Because of this I am now in the position where I am happy to offer everything I have materially and spiritually to Him. These things came from God and in thanks to Him I am now offering them back to Him to use as He will. God still has a lot to teach me and has many tasks for me to fulfil, I know that with Him I have a very interesting life ahead of me.

I do have some blog news to share, the Job series is finally complete. I finished writing the last post today which will be posted on Monday at 6pm GMT, I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment