Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Friday, October 22, 2010

God First

Proverbs 1:7
        Start with God-the first step in learning is bowing down to God;
            only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.

Yesterday I ended my post with the phrase "In all things first look to God" and have been thinking about it since. When I came to write this post I wasn't going to write about this, I only intended to write using a verse from Proverbs. It's amazing how things come together even when we don't intend them too.

As Christians there is one thing we should always do, look to God. If we focus on Him and live in constant prayer then we are at least on the right track. As the verse above says the first step in learning is bowing down to God. We need to understand that God is awesome and worthy of praise. He is so fantastically beyond anything we can imagine that the only right thing to do is bow down before Him. Through Jesus we are able to come before God and enter into a relationship with Him. It is all too easy to misunderstand just how awesome God is and because of that let our relationship with Him falter.

In God is an amazing opportunity for us all, we can not let ignorance or misunderstanding to prevent us from being all we should be. We need to learn all we can about God and what He wants us to do, and the first step in this is to bow down to Him. If we follow this instruction and learn to serve humanity as Jesus instructed us to then we will be heading in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment