Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, October 02, 2010

I'm not perfect but I'm his

Last night I was talking with some friends online when we realised we were all watching the same thing on TV. We all happened to be watching a comedian that we like, a guy called Tim Minchin. He is a comedian who predominantly does musical comedy, normally I do not like musical comedians as they can be quite frankly, rubbish. Anyway right at the end of the set we watched there is a song he sings which has the line "it's not perfect, but it's mine" in it. When I heard that I instantly had the thought of Jesus looking at me with a smile on his face saying "you're not perfect, but you're mine". It does not matter how hard we try, how long we have been on our Christian journey we will never be perfect. Time and again we will make mistakes and there will be aspects of our personality that need to be better. But Jesus does not need us to be perfect, what He wants is for us to love Him, follow Him and to try daily to be like Him. He knows we will fail, He knows we are not perfect. He died so that we may be forgiven for all our sins past, present and future.This is not a get out clause that allows us to do what we want all our lives and ask for forgiveness at the end of it. When we meet Him face to face we must stand and give account of our lives. Forgiveness is freely available but those who follow Christ in this life will have a treasure store in Heaven in the next. I know when I get there He will look at me, smile and say, "Oh Sam, follower of Christ, you're not perfect, but you are mine."

Before I finish this post I have some news about this blog. As from tomorrow I will be starting to blog on a Sunday too. There will be one post on a Sunday, every Sunday from now on. I don't want to say any more now as all details will be given in the first post tomorrow. I think it will be an exciting project I am about to undertake, I hope you will enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment