Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Thursday, October 21, 2010

How come so calm?

Psalm 62:1-8 (TSB)
MY soul's serene when I rest in your arms,
Like no other time.
Peacetime arrives when I switch off my drives
And float in your ocean sublime.
You're where I run to when there's war at my door,
You're where I come to when I just need more -
My security force, my passport to peace.
How come so calm? You're why.

When all the world is falling apart and everything seems to be going crazy how should we act? Most of the time people get swamped under the worlds pressures and get worn down by the world's pressures. But what we should really be doing is calling on God's strength to help us. We should be sheltering in God's awesome presence.

Psalm 71:1-3
        I run for dear life to God,
            I'll never live to regret it. 
        Do what you do so well:
            get me out of this mess and up on my feet.
        Put your ear to the ground and listen,
            give me space for salvation. 
        Be a guest room where I can retreat;
            you said your door was always open!
        You're my salvation-my vast, granite fortress.

We know that God is our protector and our stronghold, that he is powerful enough to save us from anything. Yet when the going gets tough so often we forget to go to Him for help. We forget to call on His name for our protection. It should be the case that when everything seems to be falling round our ears and the world asks of us "why so calm?"  we are able to respond "He is why".

No comments:

Post a Comment