Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Life's little dips

I hate to say it again, but I am feeling so drained at the moment. It is as if everything is a chore and is difficult to do. I have done a whole days worth of unpaid overtime this week and have a very busy weekend ahead of me. However the good news is that by increasing the demands on my time slightly this weekend I have managed to secure a day off next week. I am hoping that despite the business of this weekend I will actually come out of it feeling more relaxed and refreshed than I went in to it. This is not as crazy as it sounds as after work today I will be attending the first event in a Christian youth weekend in the area I currently live in. This will give me a chance to meet up with old friends who I do not get to see often and a chance to relax amongst other Christians my own age.

In addition to this by the time you read this I should hopefully have completed the first weeks challenge in The Soldier's Challenge. I am hoping that a peaceful walk in the forest near my home will give me time to reflect on current events and spend some quality time praying. It says something about the hectic nature of my life right now that the majority of my praying this week has been done while driving to work. While it is an economical use of my time it does not allow me to focus fully on God, which may be why I am feeling the way I am right now. There is a Bible verse I have been thinking of while planning the walk I intend on going on today and I believe I have used it before but it is worth repeating.

Luke 5:16
    As often as possible Jesus withdrew to out-of-the-way places for prayer.

If it was good enough for Jesus to do then there is no excuse for us not to do the same. We all need time with God just to be with Him, talk to Him and listen to Him. It is not enough to just shoehorn Him in to our lives, we must mould our lives around Him not the other way around. Yes we should take God with us in all that we do, but finding time to be alone with Him is vital for a Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment