Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Advent Challenge Day 11

This challenge is now complete, please feel free to browse all of the 
completed tasks via the Advent Challenge tab.


Yesterday my challenge was to pray for those people who I know who do not know Christ. Rather than praying for everyone that I know who does not know God and His son Jesus as that would be a considerable number of people to pray for individually. I will pray for everyone in time and do spend time as it is at the moment but for me this challenge I decided to be specific and lift up some specific people to God.

I don't want to embarrass the people who I have selected for this task but I chose two people who are close to me and who have a real need for Christ in their lives for very different reasons. When I prayed I asked God to reveal Himself to them this Christmas time, that something in their lives will shine through and in some small way show them that you are present in their lives.

Romans 8 tells us that there is nothing that can possibly separate us from the love of God through Christ Jesus. And the poem Footprints is a fantastic example of how even when we feel as though we are on our own God is always there supporting us, and when necessary carrying us. I try to show this in my day to day life, knowing that I will never know quite who is watching me and how my actions in life portray Christianity to them. But these two people who I have uplifted to God I feel are ready for that little extra push, to be challenged that little bit more in order for them to start making the steps towards God that I can see they are ready for.

Today the task that has been chosen is task number 21. Google St Nicholas. This is a fairly simple task that wont take much time at the end of the day but it is something interesting to look at and think on about how this man has become the symbol of Christmas yet people do not knw how or why he is linked to Christmas and Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour. I am going to have a very Christmassy day today and spend time with some friends I have not seen for a while, I hope you guys all have a great day today too. Until next time, Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment