Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, December 25, 2010

One word wonder

Ok, so I have just completed the Advent Challenge and some people may think it would be a good chance to have a little rest and settle into the regular blog schedule. But that would not be like me at all. Instead I have accepted a challenge issued to me by my friend Caron, check out her page, it is well worth a read.

So what exactly is this challenge. The idea is to post only a single word each post from Boxing day until New Years eve. This is going to be an interesting challenge to do as to post only a single word which has some significance and meaning to it will be difficult to do. It will take a lot of thought and consideration to think of a word which has enough meaning and significance to merit being posted. This challenge does require a small amount of thought an effort on the part of you the readers. I ask that for each post you consider the word and think about the meaning and the possible reasons for selecting that word.

Jesus is the word, we are told so in John's Gospel and in many places we are told that words are important. Words have a lot of significance, it is part of what makes us human and a part of our everyday life. We are always surrounded by words, be they written or spoken and it is not often we sit and think about what words mean and why certain ones are important. Hopefully this challenge will let us do this and really consider the meanings of the words I post.

So now I embark on this latest quest, with one small exception, tomorrow as usual will be the Soldier's Challenge to post on. After this from Monday through to Friday each post will be just a single word. I hope you guys enjoy the holiday period and have had a great Christmas. Until the New Year keep praying read your Bible, trust in God and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment