Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Monday, December 13, 2010

Advent Challenge Day 13

This challenge is now complete, please feel free to browse all of the 
completed tasks via the Advent Challenge tab.


How much Christmas cheer have you got? Do you like to spread it or are you sometimes a bit of a Scrooge? My task yesterday was to spread some Christmas cheer amongst the people I was with. I had the advantage yesterday of being in two places, not quite at once but at least in one day. Because of this I managed to send time with a lot of people who are important to me and who I would want to spread some cheer too.

I began the day by sharing a bag of lollies with my my friends and the young people of my Church and spent time talking to all the older members of the Church asking how they were and giving my time for them to have someone to chat with. The nice thing about this was I managed to spend time talking to people I wouldn't normally talk to. After the service I went for lunch with one of my friends who I have not talked to for quite some time. After treating her to lunch we sat and talked for a long time, catching up on what has been going on, plans for the future and generally discussing our faith. I would like to think that although none of this was specifically Christmassy there was at least some joy and cheer that was spread in the morning with my friends there.

In the afternoon I drove back home after a great weekend with my friends and although I had a difficult drive home due to closed roads I did make it home in time for the evening service at my home Church. After the evening service I spent time laughing and chatting with the young people of the Church talking and planning things for over Christmas. We talked about organising Christmas carolling on Christmas eve when we tour the homes of people in our Church singing carols and sharing fellowship.

The fun and enjoyment that I had from this weekend especially yesterday I feel fulfils the task of spreading Christmas cheer, the laughter and good feeling that was experienced was certainly good cheer and Christmas was a significant part of a large part of it. The task I will be completing today will be number 18. Give yourself a Christmas treat. Check back tomorrow to see how it goes, until then, Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment