Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Friday, December 10, 2010

The sky at night, or at least tonight

Today I was driving a fair distance, it is a drive I have made many times and am likely to make a lot in the future too. As I was driving, I looked across east and saw the most amazing sight I have seen in a very long time. The sun set was spectacular, the clouds were a beautiful low level undulating bank which caught the light from the sun as it was going down. With the breaks in the clouds the colours ranged from the darkest blues to gold and on to oranges and pinks. As my favourite writer Terry Pratchett says "The sunset was beautiful, not tasteful but beautiful none the less, only the Gods can make salmon pink and blue beautiful."

I wish I could have taken a picture but with being alone in the car and having nowhere to stop due to construction works I was unable to share this beautiful sight with you. Recently I have been paying much more attention to the wonders of God's creations that are all around us. I am amazed at the beauty that is present in creation and that God took such care for a world for us to live in. He is the master worker, the skilled smith who designed everything to be just right in His sight for us to enjoy.

In the modern world we don't often take enough time to look around and enjoy the world around us, we get ourselves wrapped up in our own lives. It gets to the point that we take the world for granted, that we become immune to the simply beauty in all of nature. Taking time out of our daily schedule to enjoy that what God has given us cost us nothing, and the sense of peace and belonging to His work we can gain from it is immeasurable. How about taking the time out to watch the sun rise or set, or how about a walk in the country side or forest. I am sure that if you do then you will have blessings from God heaped on to you. So why not take the time to go spend it walking with God, read the Bible and you will see that you will be walking in the footsteps of some great men of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment