Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Friday, December 03, 2010

Advent Challenge Day 3


This challenge is now complete, please feel free to browse all of the 
completed tasks via the Advent Challenge tab.


So we are now on to day 3 of the Advent Challenge and I have to say I am having a lot of fun doing this so far. Days one and two were very easy to do, donating my money for Christmas cards to charity and reading the Bible and I have gained personally from them. So the challenge I had yesterday if I can call it a challenge was to read from the Bible, Micah 5:2-4 which is bellow.

Micah 5:2-4 (NIV)
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
though you are small among the clans of Judah,
out of you will come for me
one who will be ruler over Israel,
whose origins are from of old,
from ancient times.”

Therefore Israel will be abandoned
until the time when she who is in labor bears a son,
and the rest of his brothers return
to join the Israelites.

He will stand and shepherd his flock
in the strength of the LORD,
in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God.
And they will live securely, for then his greatness
will reach to the ends of the earth.

This is only one of the quotes from various places that prophesy about the coming of Jesus. There are over 300 different prophesies made in the Bible which are fulfilled by Jesus and there is no way to talk about all of them. Jesus was part of the plan God had for the world and His coming changed the world forever. As someone who has considerable experience with numbers and deals with numbers on a regular basis in the past with my degree I know that the probability of this happening by chance are astronomically small.

It is something we should all really look at closely as Christians, not only the work and teachings of Jesus in the New Testament. But we should look at how the New Testament fits in with what happened in the Old Testament and how Jesus fulfilled God's promises and how Jesus was not the beginning or the end of anything but a step in God's plan to save all mankind.

The task for today has been chosen for my by my little brother and is the number 14. This is to bake some Christmas treats and give them away. This is going to be fun as my little brother came home from university today and so we can also do this task together.

Check back tomorrow to see how I do in this task and who I give the treats away to. If you want to choose the task that I do tomorrow please comment bellow which task you wish to see me do. Until tomorrow guys, Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment