Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jesus is the same

Hebrews 13:8
     Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.


There are many things that change in life and it seems looking back over this almost finished year that this has been a year of much change. So many things that were one way at the beginning of 2010 are now very much different, so many plans and ideas have come and gone. I won't go in to too much detail as I plan on writing a summary for the whole year soon, but there is one thing that I have come to realise, and been told recently.

Jesus is always the same, He was one way when God created the universe, He was the same way when He came to Earth, He was that way when He died on the cross and He will still be the same when the last embers of this universe fade and die.

This is one of those facts that I have had as a head knowledge for a long time, something I have read and heard many times over the years. However only recently have I begun to understand quite what this means. I had one of those moments when I checked the Bible verse on my phone today and it was the verse quoted at the beginning of this post.


Hebrews 13:8 
     Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Tomorrow I will post my thoughts on this verse, but before I do I'd like people to consider what it means to them and in general.So stop and think about this verse, really consider it and what it really means. I'd ask everyone who reads this post to consider this verse prayerfully and ask God to reveal the magnitude of this verse to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment