Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Potter's hand

Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour
I know for sure, all of my days are held in your hands, crafted
into your perfect plan

You gently call me into your presence guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through Your eyes
I'm captured by Your holy calling
Set me apart, I know you're drawing me to yourself
Lead me Lord I pray

Take me, Mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

You gently call me into your presence guiding me by your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through your eyes
I'm captured by your Holy calling
set me apart, I know your drawing me to yourself
lead me Lord I pray

Take me, Mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand

                             (Darlene Zschech)

I woke up this morning with this song running round and round my mind and have been singing it to myself all day. It has also been one of those songs that seems to keep popping up regularly time and time again. Every time I hear this song it affects me in a way that few songs ever have, it resonates deep within me and triggers a sensation that while not being unpleasant is slightly unsettling. 

I believe this is because this song is purely and simply about allowing God to take your life and do with it exactly as He pleases. It is about handing over complete control over to Him without holding anything back. Recently I have set into motion a process that will lead me to following what I believe is God's calling to me in my life and while I am very excited about it have been struggling to find support within my family. I know God is there leading and guiding me and even providing support for me when I need it, but it is still tough for me. The way God seems to talk to me is in small messages repeated regularly and consistently until I notice them and I believe this song to be one of those, a small message from God showing me I am on the right track and that He is there for me at all times an in all things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment