Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Friday, December 24, 2010

Advent Challenge Day 24

This challenge is now complete, please feel free to browse all of the 
completed tasks via the Advent Challenge tab.


Christmas eve, who would have thought it. Well everyone I guess since it falls on the same date every year, but that is not the point. So this means I have almost come to the end of the Advent Challenge and that also that tomorrow I get to spend an insane amount of time with my family, this may or may not be a good thing, I'm hoping that tensions don't boil up and that we remember the good times with the family members no longer with us rather than get depressed about them being gone.

But what you really want to know is about how the challenge went, well we sang and played carols and we had a generally good time. We took Christmas cheer to the masses out shopping and had fun doing so. I hope that in going out and playing the carols and singing at times we were able to remind people with the lyrics just what this season is about and that it is not just about a jolly fat man in a red suit who brings presents down your chimney.

There is probably a lot more I could write about this task and challenge but today is after all Christmas eve and that means I have a stupidly busy day. I am carol playing with the band, then I will be going to visit the graves of my grand parents followed by playing family Santa and dropping presents off all over our small town. Once all of this has been done, in the evening, I will be co-organising the Church carol singing round the homes of various Church members. This is a tradition that has gone on for many many years and that we all love doing. It is stupidly difficult logistically and this year with the weather requires much careful driving, but there is almost nothing that would stop us doing this fun filled tradition. Once all this is finished we are likely to be well in to the early hours of Christmas day.

I will be posting tomorrow at the usual times and will be updating with the final challenge tomorrow and also letting you know about the Christmas day task too. As you may have worked out there remains only one task left to complete and that is to wish everyone I meet today a merry Christmas. If you are not online tomorrow I really hope you all have a great day with whoever you are spending it with, and I hope you take out some time to consider the reason why we celebrate the day. But until then, Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment