Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Advent Challenge Day 7

This challenge is now complete, please feel free to browse all of the 
completed tasks via the Advent Challenge tab.


Today marks the end of the first week of the challenge and with 17 days to go I feel that it is going well so far. After some discussion with a friend of mine I have been issued with a side challenge extra to number 17 which I completed the other day.

So yesterday I had the task of buying a gift for someone who I do not normally buy for. This task was one that I wanted to put a bit of thought into. The reason is that there are many people out there who I could buy for and it would just be another gift, but what I want to do with this is make a difference to that person's life. Now I know it is a big ask for a small present to change someone's life but I have been told in the past that little pebbles can start an avalanche.

Deciding who to buy for too was difficult, I wanted it to be someone I know who I could see if this gift really does make the difference I would like it to. But it has to be someone for who I have not bought a gift for in the past and someone who I did not intend on buying for before this task.

I have to say I did come up with a great idea both for who to buy for and what to buy. It was something I considered to be an inexpensive gift, for someone who I feel will benefit from it in the future. The person I will be giving it to is someone I have known for a little while and who I have contact with on a fairly regular basis. So I will hopefully be able to see that this git does have a positive outcome and will complete this task in a way that I think is suitable. However due to the fact that I will be giving this gift for Christmas there is no way to measure how successful this is until some future time. The task however has been completed, the person has been selected, the gift bought and so the task is complete.

So all that remains for this post is to tell you which task has been selected and what it is. The task today is task number 8 sing a Christmas carol. Now this one does not seem that difficult and there really is no problem in completing this one, I can listen to Christmas carols in the car on the way to work today, I am sure I can find an interesting twist on this task in my quest to complete it. However until tomorrow when I fill you in on how the task today went, Merry Christmas to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment