Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Thursday, December 02, 2010

A new direction of study

Today I have made a firm decision about one of the things I need to do in the near future. After some discussion with my brother and sister-in-law I have decided about which course I will study next. I always knew it was going to be a big change from the courses I have studied in the past. As a qualified physicist I have spent over 8 years working towards various qualifications to follow the dream I have had since childhood to be a scientist. Recently though with various things changing in my life and rediscovering my faith the plans for my life have changed too.

Having decided to follow God's plans in my life a lot has changed recently including my desire to follow the path I have been walking all my life so far. So since science is no longer at the core of my life the way that it has been in the past and I am now placing God there I want to learn more and know more about this new path I am heading down. As I am an academic and very keen on learning an academic route is a good place for me to start and so a Biblical academic course is where I feel I should be heading in the short term.

The course I have settled on as being best is a Biblical course on the Old Testament. The reason that we decided that studying the Old Testament would be best is because I do not have a huge knowledge of it compared to my knowledge of the New Testament. I will be sending my application forms off tomorrow and look forward to hearing about when I can begin studying again. As an academic I love studying and find learning to be exciting and fun. I pray that with this new direction in my studying I will be able to grow as a Christian and learn more about the faith I am a part of. Most of all I pray that this new direction will help the relationship I have with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment