Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Giving up

We live in a culture where giving up can be seen to be a bad thing. It is seen to be a lack of effort or laziness, or that we have admitted defeat. But this is not always the case. Sometimes giving up is the right thing to do, even the best thing to do. For example giving up drinking and the life I used to lead was one of the best decisions in my life. There are times and situations where giving up is required. If we are pouring all our resources into a fruitless task it is much better to give up and concentrate on something that will be beneficial. My last big relationship was one that needed to be given up on, it was going nowhere and causing more harm than good. In cases like this it is not so much admitting defeat as realising you are fighting the wrong battle. A minister once said to me "faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains, but if you are trying to move the wrong mountain no amount of faith will shift it". If we are who we should be in Christ then there is no reason, no one and no thing that should make us change.

No comments:

Post a Comment