Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Monday, September 13, 2010

It's a powerful thing prayer

Well this weekend I had an experience that was new to me. After mentioning that I suffer from back pain due to a past injury a friend of a friend asked if she could pray for me. As it was her house and I was trying to at least not make a bad first impression I agreed. And so followed a slightly uncomfortable 5 minutes as she prayed, sometimes I'm sure in tongues which for me is a whole other topic I could spend much time discussing. I must admit I did find the whole situation slightly uncomfortable and more than slightly comical as did the other two people present. However after having drove about 400 miles in much pain on Saturday I was not looking forward to my 150 mile drive back home Sunday night. And since there was nothing to lose by accepting the prayer, more for her than me, like I said I accepted. I was not expecting anything to happen, to be honest I am now so used to it that it is just a part of life, something I deal with. Then Sunday night the drive home was something I have never experienced before, pain free long distance driving! At first I didn't even realise, the pain just wasn't there and because of that I didn't notice it. Normally it is not until I have to get out the car and move around that the pain becomes an issue. So it was not until I got home that I realised what had actually happened. In the past I have been sceptical about "Faith Healers" and dismissed them as charlatans and frauds. I have always believed that in modern times when it comes to medical care it should be left in the hands of medicine and science. I mean, really, miracles like Jesus performed just don't happen any more do they? I am however prepared to eat my words on that as since I was prayed for on Sunday morning I have had very little pain and feel much more relaxed because of that. I am frequently amazed at the way God chooses to work in my life, the opportunities he takes and the sucker punches he lands. I am certainly looking forward to seeing what He will do next that will astound and amaze me, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment