Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Friday, September 10, 2010

Lessons from Jez

A friend of mine recently posted a fantastic story on her blog. I would recommend that you read it here. This post shows though that Christians are in need. The world needs people who are loving, compassionate and willing to make a sacrifice in order to help. We need to go out in to the world and be courageous for Christ. It is not enough to sit in Church on a Sunday or which ever day of the week you attend and sit there feeling that you are doing what God wants. Yes God does want us to worship him, but that is just a small part of what He and Jesus command us to do. We are to go out into the world and show people the love of Christ, that he is there to love and save all people regardless of the past. We need to show people that there are no barriers to the love of Christ, that he loves us all and wants us all to love him. We can not go around saying Christ loves every one, except you, he hates you. This is not who our Lord and Saviour is. He came to Earth and died for all our sins, not all my sins or all your sins but all sins of all people. Be courageous, be loving, be Christlike. Go do what Jesus would do and serve the sick and those who need some love in their life. Because the love we have to offer which flows from Jesus is like no love they will have known, it is the best there is, the best there can be. Yes there is risk and danger in doing this but what about the risk of doing nothing, that has eternal consequences and is surely much worse. Jesus said;

Matthew 25:35-40 (Paraphrase)
        I was hungry and you fed me,
        I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
        I was homeless and you gave me a room, 
        I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
        I was sick and you stopped to visit,
        I was in prison and you came to me.'
       'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me-you did it to me.' 

In addition to this there are the following verses;

Matthew 6:3
    When you help someone out, don't think about how it looks. 

John 3:17  
    God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. 

Hebrews 13:6
    we can boldly quote,
        God is there, ready to help;
        I'm fearless no matter what.
        Who or what can get to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment