Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Job - How would you handle it (Part 4)

This is part 4 of 9 please feel free to read the rest by following the links, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and 9.

So after all Job went through and did not say a thing something cracked, something gave. He had suffered so much and never once said anything against God, never once complained. Yet eventually something in him gave way and a flood of emotion came out. But then how would you have reacted if it had been you? Would you not have snapped a lot earlier, I know I probably would have. Job 3 is a man full of grief, in the depths of depression. The man has lost everything and the constant grind of his day to day suffering has broken though the damn all at once. My new job puts me in contact with a lot of people in a similar position to Job. Their lives destroyed and nothing left. The grief and depression they have to deal with comes off some of them in an almost physical wave. Seeing this has made this passage that bit more real for me, I can if not imagine how it would feel if it happened to me at least see the effects it could have had on his life. Now we know how Job was feeling after this, now he has spilled his guts for all the world to hear we can look at the cases put forward to him from his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment