Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stepping on the clouds

One of these days I'm gonna leave
One of these days I'm going home.
I'm gonna take my final journey 
I'm gonna rest 'neath Heaven's blue dome.

Stepping on the clouds we'll see Jesus
Rise to meet Him in the air 
Stepping on the clouds He will greet us
Oh the joy together we will share 
I'm gonna leave this world behind me 
Going where the Devil cannot find me 
I'm going higher, higher, higher 
Stepping on the clouds.

Going past the Moon the stars and the planets 
I'm gonna walk on the milky white way. 
When old Gabriel gives the signal
I'm gonna leave for Heaven to stay.

Stepping on the clouds we'll see Jesus
Rise to meet Him in the air 
Stepping on the clouds He will greet us
Oh the joy together we will share 
I'm gonna leave this world behind me 
Going where the Devil cannot find me 
I'm going higher, higher, higher 
Stepping on the clouds.

This song is one of the most played songs on my ipod recently. As I have been riding the bus to work I have had between 30 and 45 minutes on a quiet bus to fill in with something. So far I have been listening to my religious music and trying to pray. I struggle to keep my attention fixed for the whole bus journey but I am at least able to pray about the day ahead and what it may hold. I hope I can keep this going as it enables me to start the day feeling light unburdened and joyful. This song and a couple others have popped into my head through out the last 2 days while at work and have kept me going during lulls in activity and concentration. It is a catchy song and has been a favourite of mine for sometime, hopefully the lyrics will speak to someone else too.

Tune in again tonight to read the next instalment in my ongoing Job saga, hope to see you then.



No comments:

Post a Comment