Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My little black book

Now this isn't a post about what you may be thinking. My little black book isn't a contacts book of girls I know or anything like that. My little black book is my coping device. When I am having a rough time I use it to pour all my thoughts and feelings into so that I can deal with them at a time that suits me. Once they are on to the page I can stop thinking about them and come back to the thought at a more convenient time. Mostly it is full of crap but there are some gems amongst the muck. Some make me laugh such as, "Don't think with your gut, it does not make good decisions except on when to eat.". Others I think are somewhat profound, "The past is past and needs to be left there in order to make the most of the future, there is no need to forget the past but don't be chained to it.". The most interesting thing that struck me today as I was reading through it was that despite through most of the writings in this book I would not have claimed to be a Christian, there are a significant number of spiritual and Biblical quotes in it. There are crosses sketched in various places throughout the book, sometimes clear, sometimes discreetly hidden amongst the chaos. For me this shows that even when I have been at my darkest depths God was always there with me, he was working in my life even if I could not see it at the time. There is loads of great quotes and thoughts in this book and hope to share more of them with you at some point. This book has helped me loads in the past in pouring out my soul, now its helping me by showing me how much better my life is, and giving me a laugh at the craziness of my own mind. Remember God is always with us in all things, he never leaves us.


1 Corinthians 1:7-9
    Just think-you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment