Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Friday, September 17, 2010

Suffering for love

One of my loves in life is playing guitar, I have 5 of them and each one is very special to me. I try to play at least a little everyday and find it most relaxing to just sit and strum away to my favourite tracks be they Christian or otherwise. Occasionally though I go through a phase of intense practice in order to learn a new technique or a particularly hard piece. Today was one of those days. I have been playing a lot recently as it is but today turned in to a mammoth practice session. I started out on my new bass guitar learning a bit more about it and trying to get up to speed so as to play along to a particular favourite of mine. This inevitable led on to me picking up my pride and joy, my stagg. This is one of the most beautiful instruments to play, it is so comfortable, has such great tone and clarity and also looks stunning too. After having played for sometime my finger tips began to scream in pain, but I chose to play on. A little while later it became agony to even touch the strings, but I chose to play on. Eventually it got to the point when my fingers were rubbed red raw, if I continued to play much longer then my fingers would bleed, which has not happened since I first began to learn 8 years ago. So at this point I stopped playing, to be honest it was more to do with the clean up that would be required and the damage it would do to the strings that persuaded me to stop playing.

This may sound like I am just rambling on about my pointless wasted day but there is a reason behind me telling you guys this. I love my guitars, if my house was burning down they would be the first things I would rescue. I love playing my guitars, they bring me so much pleasure and joy and I love being able to make great music with them. And because of this love I will play and play and play despite any discomfort and pain, because I love to play and make music.

Jesus loves me more than this, He loves you more than this. He loves us so much that there is no pain he would not suffer for us. He love us so much that there is no pain he has not suffered for us already. If human love can be strong enough to overcome pain and discomfort suffered from playing guitar, or any other kind of pain we experience. Imagine just how much more Jesus loves us. The pain of the cross was huge in itself, the iron nails piercing his flesh, the weight of his body tearing the nails through his flesh. The burning of his lungs as his own weight slowly suffocated him. But that was not all, on top of all of this was all our sin, the sin of every man woman and child ever born and yet to be born. Yet the love Jesus had for us was greater than this, His love was strong enough to allow Him to play on and on and on.

Some big things are happening in my life right now, and it seems as if everyday God is teaching me new things, sending me new lessons and guiding me more clearly than ever before. I am currently living as if I have been blind and can finally see, the world around me has taken on new meaning and a beauty I could never have imagined. I pray that in my life I can continue to grow towards God and follow where he leads. Love such as what He has for us cannot be matched by anything in this world. That love is mine, and that love can be yours too if you but ask for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment