Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Job Interview-the after show party

Ok, so this post is a little bit later than my usual posting time. The reason for that is one I have been busy phoning my friends talking about the offer I have been given and two because my little nephew just got back from holiday today. So anyway back to the interview. It was not the best start, having arrived 10 minutes early I was informed that the candidate before me had arrived late and so the whole schedule was behind meaning I had to wait about half an hour. To be honest that wasn't bad as it enabled me to have plenty of time to relax and pray before hand. Once in the interview I felt quite relaxed and calm, the interview panel was friendly and made me feel very welcome. The interview went very well, I am normally a very confident and vocal person and so feeling relaxed I just chatted my way through the interview. I must have made a good impression because after a little while I received a phone call about the interview. At first the conversation did not seem to be going in the direction I wanted when the guy said they were very impressed with me but that they didn't think the job would be a challenge for me and that I may be suited to something else. Cue my heart migrating to my feet. However the next sentence lifted me high again, we do have another job we think you may be interested in! And so I have been offered a job working at a Salvation Army Life House in a near by city. This will be a real challenge, but it will give me a great opportunity to both grow and express my faith while developing a range of new skills. It will put me in an environment I have never experienced before and move me out of my comfort zone. I am very happy about this, much happier about this prospect than I was about the original job I interviewed for. I will keep you informed as to how this pans out in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment