Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Grandad

As has already been mentioned the last year and a half has not been the easiest for me. I have lost the girl I was going to marry and have had 6 deaths in the family in 8 months. However in this post I would like to pay tribute to my Grandad. He was an amazing man who had a huge impact on my life. Although he was born in 1919 and had very little formal education to speak of he was always the only one to show an interest in my studies and research. He was a source of constant encouragement and yet never made me feel as though I had to do anything to gain his approval. A visit to see Grandad would guarantee that we would both end up smiling no matter how we felt or the circumstance. I can not articulate into blog form just how much this man meant to me. In addition to all of this he was the most amazing Christian I ever met. During his funeral the tributes were full of amazing things he had done that he had never mentioned to his family. Stories of his generosity and kindness that we knew existed but never knew the extent of his charity. My hope in life is that when I die the tributes given for me will be a fraction of that given to my Grandad, that I can be anywhere near the Christian he was. I am glad that he lived long enough to see me return to the Church in which he raised his family, I will never forget the smile on his face that day. God bless you Grandad.

No comments:

Post a Comment