Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Speed prayers

Yesterday I was extremely busy and will be again today. I am helping out doing some charity work that is turning out to be back breaking and very tiring, especially for an academic. However between these bouts of intense hard work there are a few moments of stillness and peace. As you guys know prayer is something I struggle with to do on a regular basis if at all. So during one of these quiet periods I decided to sit and pray. I didn't have a huge amount to say except help with a somewhat major problem, which I will mention once I feel prepared. Once I got this out the way I decided to just sit and listen, imagine my surprise when all of a sudden a wave of what I can only describe as God's prescence washed over me. During this experience I was shown that prayer is not as much of a problem for me as I have perceived it to be. It was shown to me that even though I had only been awake 3 hours by this point in the day I had spent a huge amount of it shooting off small prayers for help with the difficult tasks I was being asked to do. One of my close Christian friends has told me that I will be surprised at the progress God will help me make in this if I just continue trying, looks like this quest is beggining to show signs of bearing fruit. The same friend gave me a book on prayer which has been very helpful, I can't lay my hands on it right now to give you the name but I will write something about it as soon as I get my moving boxes sorted out. However there is one helpful prayer that has stuck with me since I read it in that book and it goes;

O lord you know how busy I must be this day;
If I forget you, do not forget me,
For Christ's sake.
Amen
      Lord Astley

No comments:

Post a Comment