Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, September 25, 2010

My new blog

Coming soon to a computer near you. Ok recently I watched a TV show about Intelligent Design vs Science that really bugged me. I watched it in preparation for the first proper post on my God's Scientist Blog. What really gets to me is that so many supposedly "intelligent" people repeatedly make the mistake of lumping all Christians together or all religions together. Yes there are fundamentalists, yes they do believe ridiculous things but that does not mean we all believe them. The trouble is that the ones with the loudest voices tend to be the crazy people who shout the most. And this is true for scientists too, yes there is scientific fundamentalism too. I'm not talking about the quest for the ultimate theory of everything or the search for the fundamental forces and particles that make up the Universe. What I am talking about is a group of people every bit the same as those they claim to be fighting against. Scientists by their nature should be open minded regarding anything that has not or can not be disproved. I hope to post the completed post on this on my other blog soon, it has taken some time and will take a bit more but I want to do it properly and make sure it is researched fully. I will inform you as to when the post has been uploaded. We need to fight this battle on both fronts, we can not let the secular world silence us. But equally we can not let the fundamentalist Christians win either. We have a duty to fight the Enemy however he chooses to manifest himself. Neither of these view points is constructive to anyone and neither is going to help expand God's kingdom here on Earth.


1 Peter 2:15
    It is God's will that by doing good, you might cure the ignorance of the fools who think you're a danger to society.

No comments:

Post a Comment