Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Monday, September 06, 2010

I Believe

Yesterday we sang a song in church which has a powerful message. It speaks to me personally especially the two verses I have highlighted. Please read and enjoy;

I believe that God the Father
     Can be seen in God the Son,
In the gentleness of Jesus
     Love for all the world is shown.
Though men crucify their Saviour,
     And His tenderness rebuff,
God is love, the cross is saying,
     Calvary is proof enough

I Believe in transformation,
     God can change the hearts of men,
And refine the evil nature
     Till it glows with grace again.
Others may reject the weakling,
     I believe he can be strong,
To the family of Jesus
     All God's children may belong.


In a world of shifting values,
     There are standards that remain,
I believe that holy living
     By God's grace we may attain.
All would hear the holy spirit
     If they listen to his voice,
Every Christian may be Christlike
     And in liberty rejoice.

All the promises of Jesus
     Are unchanged in every way,
In my yesterdays I proved them,
     I believe them for today.
Still God gives his willing servant
     Full equipment for the task;
Power is found by those who seek it,
     Grace is given to those who ask.


                                       John Gowans.

1 comment:

  1. This song is one of the most magnificent, powerful and vivid statements of the Christian faith that I can imagine. Glad to see it posted here.

    ReplyDelete