Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Saturday, September 25, 2010

You may not change the world

The other day I visited the place where I will be starting to work soon. It was an interesting experience and a little bit of an eye opener. I am sure that in the coming weeks going into work is going to be a lot of an eye opener. While I was there someone said a phrase that I think is likely to stay with me for a long time and I wanted to share it with you.

You may not change the world, but you may change some lives.

And that is what being a Christian is about, we do have a mission to go out into the world to change it. But the way we are asked to do it is not to change it all at once. We need to go out and change it one person at a time. I once heard someone say that if we all went out and converted just one person this week and then they went out and converted one more the week after, within two months the whole world would be Christian. It is an interesting thought that, and an encouraging one. If we each continue to shine our light in whichever corner we are in and live as we should we can win this battle. With God on our side we cannot lose, have faith, have courage. Live each day as if He was returning tomorrow, serve as if we have another thousand years.

No comments:

Post a Comment