Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day off

I love having days off. I'm sure I am not the only one who does but I love the feeling when you wake up in the morning, realise its your day off and get to roll over again. I am so glad that I have the day off today because I really need it this week.

Today gives me a chance to recharge and relax but more importantly time to spend in prayer and really getting to grips with the Bible passages I have been looking at. With one thing and another my time seems to get eaten up in a normal day and it is nice to take this time just to stop and contemplate what is going on. The chance to think about things is invaluable right now as things are changing for me quite fast and if I don't take the time to think about them I run the risk of making decisions rashly and without praying about them.

I know I have not really said anything in this post except that I am going to have a slightly lazy day today. But sometimes it is necessary to just stop and take time with God. Sometimes we just need that time to bask in his healing presence.

I have been thinking about some words I used not long ago about taking time to relax amongst the business of life. I used it for another reason last time but it is just as valid now, it is William Dunkerley's Mid all the Traffic.

’Mid all the traffic of the ways,
Turmoils without, within,
Make in my heart a quiet place,
And come and dwell therein.

A little shrine of quietness,
All sacred to Thyself,
Where Thou shalt all my soul possess,
And I may find myself.

A little shelter from life’s stress,
Where I may lay me prone,
And bare my soul in loneliness,
And know as I am known.

A little place of mystic grace,
Of self and sin swept bare,
Where I may look upon Thy face,
And talk with Thee in prayer.
                    (William Dunkerley)

No comments:

Post a Comment