Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Monday, November 22, 2010

Repairing past damage

Tonight I made some good progress towards healing some of the wounds that I caused by living the way I did in the past. In the past I have somewhat ignored my family and acted in ways which have caused friction and bad feelings between me and my family.

The member of my family who I probably have the worst relationship with is my older brother who in some sense I have probably treat the worst at times. We have never had the greatest communication between us but over recent years it has suffered due to my actions.

However tonight I went to have dinner with my brother and his wife for the reasons of talking things over about the plans for my future. There were a number of reasons for this, mainly because having him onside will make winning my parents over to the plans a lot easier but also because keeping him in the loop goes some way to making him feel included which helps the relationship we have.

Coming away after the meal I felt much happier and had a much better plan in my mind of the way to go about things in order to win over my family to supporting the plans for my future. However I was reminded of a verse a friend gave me last night to think and pray over. I'll leave you with the verse as I finish this post and will keep you updated as the plans progress.

Mark 6:1-6 (NIV)
     Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed.
     “Where did this man get these things?” they asked. “What’s this wisdom that has been given him? What are these remarkable miracles he is performing? Isn’t this the carpenter? Isn’t this Mary’s son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren’t his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.
     Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.” He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. He was amazed at their lack of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment