Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

First snow of the year

I love winter. I really really love winter. The dark nights, the cold weather, Christmas and the snow. As you might have guessed by the title of the post we have had the first snow of the winter here today. And although I love the snow there are a few problems that come with it. The biggest one is that everyone seems to panic and start to drive like complete idiots. This made my journey home from work three times longer than it normally is. This would normally make me feel quite frustrated and lead to me becoming quite angry and possibly losing my temper with my fellow road users.

However despite the negative issues that come with winter and the weather that it brings as I said earlier I love winter. The reason for this is that during the winter there is so much goes on and I have so much to do that I love doing it has become the season I link with happiness. I spend a huge amount of time during December carol playing which I enjoy. This is also the time of year that I get to spend the most time with my family and see my extended family too.

So although tonight was a bad time for my commute home it has heralded the beginning of my favourite season of the year. And I have not forgotten the importance of this time of year either. I know that the birth of our Lord and Saviour is a fantastic time and we really should remember, celebrate and enjoy this time.

Christmas is a great gift to every single Christian. But it is not the most important one and there is a greater gift we should always bear in mind even during this time of fun and frivolity. We should always remember the gift of the cross, the gift of eternal life Jesus gave us when He died for us and all our sins. Yes winter time and Christmas should be a time of celebration and we should rejoice in the birth of Jesus, however take some time out in this busy season to remember what it all about remember that that little baby so innocent and pure ended up on a cross that was so rough and cruel. Christmas is only important because of Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment