Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Thursday, November 04, 2010

The worlds ways

1 John 2:15-17
    Don't love the world's ways. Don't love the world's goods. Love of the world squeezes out love for the Father. Practically everything that goes on in the world-wanting your own way, wanting everything for yourself, wanting to appear important-has nothing to do with the Father. It just isolates you from him. The world and all its wanting, wanting, wanting is on the way out-but whoever does what God wants is set for eternity.

I already wrote a post on sinning and why the enemies side seems so good, but I want to take a look at the same thing in respect to scripture here.

The worlds ways are not our ways, as Christians we should be in the world but not of the world. When we become wrapped up in worldly ways and worldly things we lose sight of what is truly important. We end up following our own desires and fulfilling our own plans. In the past when I was wrapped up in the world and its ways I thought I was happy. But when I was able to look objectively at it from a different perspective I saw how empty it really was.

I can't claim now that I am not of the world anymore, I try my hardest but there are many things I struggle with. But can anyone really be not of the world? Is it possible to be in the world but not of it? I think it is a really tough thing to do in life. However that should not stop us trying our hardest to follow these commands. As with many things in life we know what we are told to do and we know the reality of the situation. But just because we can not attain perfection in this life does not mean we should not strive with all our being to get there. Surely it is better to shoot and miss than to never try at all. The harder and more often we try the closer we will get to our goal. God knows we will never be perfect, we are after all only human, but he does ask that we try.

No comments:

Post a Comment