Intro

This blog is supposed to be, as much as I can, my daily journey through life as a Christian. I hope it to be my thoughts and feelings on life but be as grounded in the Christian message as it can. My intention is not to create a daily readings or bible study guide but to look at my life in terms of a Christian trying to find and follow God's mission using his Life User's Manuel AKA the Bible.

Matthew 10 19-20

And don't you worry about what you'll say or how you'll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words. - Matthew 10 19-20

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What dreams are made of

I don't know if anyone else ever experienced this, but for a number of years I lost the ability to dream. Or at least the ability to remember them when awake. I would sleep very heavily and soundly but as far as I know I did not dream. And I never really thought that I was missing out on anything, I was reasonably happy in life and did not see what all the fuss was about.

And then about a year ago I began to dream regularly again, and be able to hold these dreams in my mind once I was awake. And some of these have been quite profound for me. And it is about one of these that I want to post about now.

Last night I had a strange dream, it started off just like any normal fantasy dream. I was a staring role in a favourite TV show of mine dealing with an average story line. And then it all began to go a bit strange. I ran away from the scene with a valuable prop out on to a quayside, jumped onto a navy ship and tried to hide. The ship was locked up so I could not leave the room I was in and it was full of sailors. Everyone was really friendly and kind but I knew that security would be up for me at any moment. After a short while there was a knock on the door and the sailors opened it up. Being convinced it was security I simply held out my hands and waited for the inevitable.

But the inevitable did not come. Through the door came a small stocky man with a huge smile on his face who laughed and said, "put your hands down boy, I'm the chaplain". He took me to a quiet corner and said to me, "what can I do to help you" and I asked him for a Bible. When he gave one to me I told him I was a practising Christian and asked if I could have a moment with the Bible. and when I opened the Bible I saw the words "For I am the Lord your God, there is nothing you can do to escape my love."

With everything I am going through I know this dream is a message I need to take heed of. I am about to start a process that could take a long time and is in no way going to be easy. I know God is saying to me that no matter what I do or where I go there He will always be to comfort and help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment